Things to do at Stewarts Pond Campsites
- Recreation Hall. It has a pool table, "fooz ball" and air hockey tables, ping pong, booths, fireplace, and shuffleboard table. This is where the camp social activities take place; such as our "Ice cream nights" or "Pot Luck Dinners". It provides a great place to come in out of the rain! Pool sticks, ping pong balls, etc., are available at the office. If you would like to use the Hall for a Birthday Party, just ask Jim or Joanne at the Office.
- ALL CAMPERS PLEASE NOTE : NO CAMPERS ARE ALLOWED TO CUT THROUGH OTHER CAMPSITES, OR USE ANYONE ELSES' DOCK ON THE WATERFRONT AREA!! Thank you for your co-operation in respecting the privacy of our each family. Please do not take anyone elses' firewood, thanks.
- STEWARTS POND is actually a 5 MILE RESERVOIR where ALL water sports are permitted. It has a large dam (Conklingville Dam) on the southern end, and at the northern end (Stewarts Dam). The Great Sacandaga Lake is south of the Conklingville Dam, and is NOT accessible from our lake by boat, but is only 3 minutes from our camp. There is a marina on Sacandaga called Majestic Mt. Marina (phone is 518-696-3727).
- We have 2 canoes, 3-15 FT.Boats with 6 HP,8HP motors. We also have 4 kayaks for rent, all at very reasonable prices! Fishing, waterskiing, and jetskiing are permitted, but they have to be done beyond our beach area. Your boats can be moored at our dock slips next to the beach for $15.00 a day pending availability which are directly on the water.
- We have free hot showers and flush toilets in our Main Bath House across from Site#1.. The playground, and pay phone are located at the Main Bath also. There are electric outlets there for hair dryers, etc.
- NEW BEACH POLICY! Swimming ONLY PERMITTED when lifeguard is on duty!! Beach hours are posted. Swimming is prohibited along the entire shoreline EXCEPT at OUR ONE DESIGNATED BEACH!! NO DOGS ON BEACH! NO ALCOHOL OR GLASS permitted! Please keep beach clean and clear of litter. Thank You.
- WE HAVE WIRELESS INTERNET ("WI-FI") SERVICE AVAILABLE AT OUR OFFICE AREA. THERE IS A PICNIC TABLE THERE ON THE COVERED DECK, AND ELECTRIC OUTLETS FOR RECHARGING.
- Each site has a fireplace for cooking with a grate.If your site does not have a grate, please ask us for one at the Office. There is a picnic table, and garbage can at each site. If your group is large, extra tables can be added with permission from the Office and subject to availability. Public water spigots are located throughout the camp, (see them on our interactive map).